Our curriculum at Beleura Hill Preschool is an emergent and play based approach where children’s interests and developmental needs are forefront to our learning program; we also believe that children’s families and the local community should influence the program; most importantly we believe that our program should be fun and offer a safe, warm and nurturing environment where families feel supported and children can thrive.
We work in line with the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework, which identifies five learning outcomes for children. These outcomes have a broad view of the kind of knowledge and skills all children need for them to become confident and happy through their life.
Outcome1, Children have a strong sense of identity.
- To build secure relationships with friends, family and other people in their lives.
- To interact with others in a constructive and respectful way.
- To reach out and communicate their needs for comfort and assistance.
Outcome 2, To be connected with and contribute to their world.
- To explore their world by making new friends.
- To learn about fairness and how to live independently and with other people.
- To understand the natural environment.
Outcome 3, Having a strong sense of wellbeing.
- To have good mental and physical health.
- To be confident.
- To understand the benefits of strong social, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
Outcome 4, Children are confident and involved learners.
- To enjoy learning.
- To be curious, confident and creative.
- To show persistence to keep trying.
- To use their imagination to solve problems.
- To use technologies to find new information.
Outcome 5, Children are effective communicators.
- To interact verbally and non-verbally with other people.
- To enjoy reading and being read to.
- To enjoy singing, talking, counting and rhyming.
- To see patterns in numbers and shapes.